Monoclonal Antibodies Core Facility
Major projects and accomplishments
The Monoclonal Antibody Core Facility (MACF) was established to provide a service for EMBL researchers and EMBO Young Investigators, while continuously advancing the technology. The mission of our facility is to quickly produce high-affinity antibodies in a high-throughput manner while concentrating on quality of product and service. The MACF manages over 200 projects per year with an annual theoretical capacity of up to 400 projects. Having developed novel high-throughput techniques and screening assays for the production of mouse-derived, high-affinity monoclonal antibodies, we have in the past few years extended our services to external clients. Current commercial partners include large pharmaceutical companies as well as biotechnology companies.
- Consulting on peptide and protein design.
- Producing monoclonal antibodies.
- Characterising antibodies by three separate assays.
- Isotyping of the produced antibodies.
- Scaling up antibody production (10-100 mg level).
- Advising on further characterisation of the produced antibodies.
The Monoclonal Antibody Core Facility works closely with Tecan Italia SA and Arrayjet Ltd, who provide advanced equipment and top-quality supplies.
Several biotechnology companies have licensed technologies developed at the MACF.