EMBL’s primary mission is to promote excellence in basic life science research. To achieve this goal, EMBL depends on hiring and training outstanding research, service, and administrative personnel. Ensuring equality and diversity balance among EMBL personnel and fostering awareness and skills relevant to its promotion contributes to research excellence, and ensures that EMBL serves as a model for research organisations across Europe. EMBL is committed to creating and maintaining a culture in which diversity and equality are valued and promoted.
EMBL Equality and Diversity Committee
To actively promote its culture of equality and diversity, EMBL has established an Equality and Diversity Committee. The committee generates discussion, raises awareness equality and diversity issues inside and outside of EMBL, and contributes to develop policy and strategy in order to:
- foster an environment that values and supports equality and diversity
- achieve equality and diversity among its hires
- effectively communicate its gender position internally and externally
- prepare its personnel to act as role models in an equal and diverse research environment, within and beyond EMBL
- measure the effectiveness of its efforts to promote equality.