Evaluation of submitted applications
Immediately following the call closing, applications are checked for eligibility as follows:
- Applicants meet the academic and mobility requirements of the programme
- the application includes two reference letters
- a letter of support from the EMBL host is included with the application
- a letter of support is included from the external partner if relevant
- the project proposal meets formating and page limit specifications
Eligible applications are evaluated by EMBL faculty and external experts as described in the guide to applicants (available here when the call opens). The scores form the basis for decision on the short-list for invitation by the short-listing committee.
Interview set up
Candidates for interview visit all EMBL labs involved in the project(s) for which they are interviewing. For the EMBL outstations these visits should take place before November 26th. Visits to EMBL Heidelberg labs should take place on November 26th (before 17:00). External partners are accommodated mainly via electronic methods such as Skype and video conferencing.
Welcome event for candidates
The welcome event takes place on November 26th starting at 17:00. A series of talks from the EIPOD4 programme and EMBL Human Resources give interviewing candidates an overview of the EIPOD programme and working conditions for EIPODs at EMBL. It also allows candidates the possiblitiy to ask any questions they may have.
The official interviews take place on November 27th. Candidates give a short talk in the morning and are interviewed by a panel consisting of EMBL faculty and external experts in the afternoon.